Jan 9, 2010, 10:58 AM EST
Matt Cerrone of MetsBlog.com reported it earlier this week, but Anthony McCarron of the Daily News confirms that the Mets are considering free agent right-hander John Smoltz “among a group of free agents.”
Phew, I wasn’t sure if it was a real rumor until a mainstream reporter
told me it was okay to think so. With this new information I can forge ahead knowing absolutely nothing I didn’t know before.
Sorry if I’m moody, but we’re getting very close to mid-January and the Mets haven’t done anything to address a starting staff that ranked 12th in the National League with a 4.77 ERA last season.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (81)