Jan 9, 2010, 10:58 AM EST
Matt Cerrone of MetsBlog.com reported it earlier this week, but Anthony McCarron of the Daily News confirms that the Mets are considering free agent right-hander John Smoltz “among a group of free agents.”
Phew, I wasn’t sure if it was a real rumor until a mainstream reporter
told me it was okay to think so. With this new information I can forge ahead knowing absolutely nothing I didn’t know before.
Sorry if I’m moody, but we’re getting very close to mid-January and the Mets haven’t done anything to address a starting staff that ranked 12th in the National League with a 4.77 ERA last season.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)