Jan 9, 2010, 10:58 AM EDT
Matt Cerrone of MetsBlog.com reported it earlier this week, but Anthony McCarron of the Daily News confirms that the Mets are considering free agent right-hander John Smoltz “among a group of free agents.”
Phew, I wasn’t sure if it was a real rumor until a mainstream reporter
told me it was okay to think so. With this new information I can forge ahead knowing absolutely nothing I didn’t know before.
Sorry if I’m moody, but we’re getting very close to mid-January and the Mets haven’t done anything to address a starting staff that ranked 12th in the National League with a 4.77 ERA last season.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (210)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)