Comment of the Day: Derek Jeter is dreamy

Jan 10, 2010, 6:00 PM EDT

One reader’s response to my take on the Derek Jeter-is-getting-married story:

Who is this a*shole calcattera. he is very annoying and very stupid . . . Anyway, Derek Jeter has hos faults, believe it or not. I know a few of them. But Derek Jeter is the greatest athlete with the most class,generosity and kindness that ever played professional sports. There should be a Jeter 101 class in every 4th grade class in the country to teach our kids the right way to live. Amen and god bless derek jeter.

I’m assuming it was McCarver using an alias. But yeah, I’m sad he didn’t pick me too, dude.  Other fish in the sea, though. Other fish in the sea.

1. YankeesfanLen - Jan 10, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Told ya

2. $ - Jan 10, 2010 at 6:51 PM

This is an actual column? Seriously?
    Jesus christ almighty this site falling to hell.

3. Dan Brown - Jan 10, 2010 at 8:02 PM

“God bless Jeter.”
    Jesus. Jeter. Jesus. Jeter. Hmmmm… has He returned and does He hide in plain sight? What would Jeter do?

4. Richard Dansky - Jan 10, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Fail to make a play on a ball hit to his left?

5. ClementeLegend - Jan 10, 2010 at 8:25 PM

Poor Jessica Alba, if you think Derek Jeter is a great guy… then just google what he gave to Jessica Alba. Well, at least Minka gets a wedding ring instead of what Alba allegedly got.
    Honor true heros like Roberto Clemente. Not a guy like Jeter, the Hugh Hefner of baseball.

6. Ryan - Jan 10, 2010 at 9:11 PM

*cough* fanboy *cough* MLB actually has 749 other players NOT named Derek Jeter if weren’t aware.

7. Tim - Jan 10, 2010 at 9:22 PM

And with this, I delete the bookmark for this page. Thanks for almost being a worthwhile site, but apparently you’ve fallen into the “we’re on the internet so instead of real content we’ll be what we think is edgy”. What a shame…

8. Old Gator - Jan 10, 2010 at 9:50 PM

This is funny. My problem with this column is that I’ve made no bones about my distaste for buttinsky news and forays into the personal lives of folks who have made it clear they don’t want those lives invaded. Like, oh, Eliot Spitzer.
    However, I watch this self-proclaimed little exodus from Craig’s column with no little amusement, reminding me as it does of some of the indignant comments I heard from the biddies and salt-of-the-earth middle American types leaving the movie theater after watching Gods and Monsters some years back.

9. Beanster - Jan 10, 2010 at 10:05 PM

I’d like to point out the Post’s really solid investigative reporting on this gem of a story:
    “But a Post reporter, posing as a bride-to-be seeking to book a wedding that weekend, was shown a scheduling calendar printout… A quick peek at the calendar revealed Jeter’s name in big bold letters.”
    In fairness, it leaves in the quote from the sales manager saying, “Oh, that’s not Derek Jeter. We wouldn’t use his real name if it were.”
    Can I lobby for a Woodward and Bernstein tag?

10. Repoz - Jan 10, 2010 at 10:26 PM

We should all have such “has hos” problems.

11. Old Gator - Jan 10, 2010 at 10:27 PM

Uh – just out of curiosity, do you conceptualize an existence for yourself that isn’t centered in idol-worship of Roberto Clemente? Or are you the baseball equivalent of an Elvis clone? Derek Jeter, last I noticed, was a single guy who stayed single this long, not a serial groom in any way, and who dated a pretty good number of single women, most of them devastatingly beautiful.
    Not as beautiful as my wife, mind you, but not bad at all by most current standards.
    You gotta wonder about what drives someone who is fixated on one admirable ballplayer and criticizes another one simply because he…gasp! attracted beautiful women. Why, it’s almost as if you have no idea what it must be like to…to…heh, well, never mind. As Craig never tires of pointing out, this is a family site.

12. yankees rule - Jan 10, 2010 at 10:42 PM

To the Clemente fan….Guess who was awarded the Roberto Clemente Award in 2009….Derek Jeter. Just because a guy is dead don’t make him god.
    Derek Jeter has had a charity run by his family since 1996. It has helped 10’s of thousands of urban boys and girls who don’t get out of the city and to keep them away from alcohol and drugs. He personally is there as much as he possibly can. Not like alot of celebrities who have charities in name only.He has a chapter in Michigan,Connecticut and Tampa.
    Its called Turn2Foundation.

13. IdahoMariner - Jan 10, 2010 at 10:48 PM

congratulations — I almost choked to death just now laughing at your comment while drinking my iced tea. awesome. that joke came with a visual and everything.

14. KR - Jan 11, 2010 at 12:12 AM

As the FJM guys put it, “Jesus is the Derek Jeter of Christianity.”

15. JBerardi - Jan 11, 2010 at 1:27 AM

To really get the full effect of a comment like this, you have to imagine it in the Carl voice.

16. YANKEES1996 - Jan 11, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Look people stop the hating, Clemente was a great player, great humanitarian and a great man. Derek Jeter won the Clemente Award and has been nothing but a class guy since his arrival in the Bigs. All professional sports needs more guys like Jeter, I say congrats to the couple and may their lives be filled with joy.
    Clememtelegend – Tell me just one thing that Jeter has ever done to disgrace himself or Clemente’s memory, the Yankees, Major League Baseball or anything or anyone, can’t think of anyhting huh! The man is not the Captain of the Yankees for no good reason, be careful about throwing around accusations aimed at Jeter or you may ruffle some feathers in the Bronx.

17. lefty - Jan 11, 2010 at 2:40 PM

He left that for Robbie Cano silly.

18. u r a bedbug - Jan 11, 2010 at 2:43 PM

stop playing pocket pool with yourself, get a job and move out ya mothers house and you to can get laid by a different woman every night,

19. Garmin 305 GPS review - Jan 13, 2010 at 2:30 AM

Excellent blog very well laid out indeed. I wish mine were as good as yours. Keep up the good work! If I could have your 10% creativity I would be very proud.

20. Polar FT80 Review - Jan 15, 2010 at 11:22 AM

I was thinking on this issue last evening and I searched the net for some information. Your blog came up in my research and I’m impress what you have wrote on this theme. As I’m currently expanding my search and thus cannot add further, however, I’ve bookmarked it and will be returning to further comment. Like I said, love this comment and will be back before long.

21. Rap Videos - Jan 17, 2010 at 3:20 PM

Thanks for this cool post. I will be sure to check out your site more often.

22. Free Golf Lessons - Mar 4, 2010 at 1:42 PM

Hi I was wondering what theme your are using for your blog? Looks great. Can you email me the link to the theme @ pammy27@yahoo.com thank you :)

Orioles turn AL East on its head