Jan 10, 2010, 6:00 PM EST
One reader’s response to my take on the Derek Jeter-is-getting-married story:
Who is this a*shole calcattera. he is very annoying and very stupid . . . Anyway, Derek Jeter has hos faults, believe it or not. I know a few of them. But Derek Jeter is the greatest athlete with the most class,generosity and kindness that ever played professional sports. There should be a Jeter 101 class in every 4th grade class in the country to teach our kids the right way to live. Amen and god bless derek jeter.
I’m assuming it was McCarver using an alias. But yeah, I’m sad he didn’t pick me too, dude. Other fish in the sea, though. Other fish in the sea.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 9
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 72
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)