Jan 10, 2010, 11:39 PM EDT
The Associated Press is reporting that the San Francisco Giants have agreed to terms on a one-year deal with 1B/3B Aubrey Huff. The deal is reportedly for $3 million.
Huff provides a solid left-handed bat with power (career line of .282/.340/.472) and seems likely to slot in at first base for the Giants, keeping Pablo Sandoval at third base and Mark DeRosa in left field.
Not a bad signing – and certainly a cost-effective one – to solidify San Francisco’s offense, though with this group on the infield, you might want to avert your eyes when the Giants are on defense.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 3
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 20
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 217
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (217)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (95)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (85)