Jan 10, 2010, 11:39 PM EDT
The Associated Press is reporting that the San Francisco Giants have agreed to terms on a one-year deal with 1B/3B Aubrey Huff. The deal is reportedly for $3 million.
Huff provides a solid left-handed bat with power (career line of .282/.340/.472) and seems likely to slot in at first base for the Giants, keeping Pablo Sandoval at third base and Mark DeRosa in left field.
Not a bad signing – and certainly a cost-effective one – to solidify San Francisco’s offense, though with this group on the infield, you might want to avert your eyes when the Giants are on defense.
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 0
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 78
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)