Jan 10, 2010, 11:39 PM EST
The Associated Press is reporting that the San Francisco Giants have agreed to terms on a one-year deal with 1B/3B Aubrey Huff. The deal is reportedly for $3 million.
Huff provides a solid left-handed bat with power (career line of .282/.340/.472) and seems likely to slot in at first base for the Giants, keeping Pablo Sandoval at third base and Mark DeRosa in left field.
Not a bad signing – and certainly a cost-effective one – to solidify San Francisco’s offense, though with this group on the infield, you might want to avert your eyes when the Giants are on defense.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)