Jan 10, 2010, 11:39 PM EST
The Associated Press is reporting that the San Francisco Giants have agreed to terms on a one-year deal with 1B/3B Aubrey Huff. The deal is reportedly for $3 million.
Huff provides a solid left-handed bat with power (career line of .282/.340/.472) and seems likely to slot in at first base for the Giants, keeping Pablo Sandoval at third base and Mark DeRosa in left field.
Not a bad signing – and certainly a cost-effective one – to solidify San Francisco’s offense, though with this group on the infield, you might want to avert your eyes when the Giants are on defense.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 43
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 36
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 117
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)