Jan 10, 2010, 11:39 PM EDT
The Associated Press is reporting that the San Francisco Giants have agreed to terms on a one-year deal with 1B/3B Aubrey Huff. The deal is reportedly for $3 million.
Huff provides a solid left-handed bat with power (career line of .282/.340/.472) and seems likely to slot in at first base for the Giants, keeping Pablo Sandoval at third base and Mark DeRosa in left field.
Not a bad signing – and certainly a cost-effective one – to solidify San Francisco’s offense, though with this group on the infield, you might want to avert your eyes when the Giants are on defense.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 2
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 49
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 34
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)