Jan 11, 2010, 11:21 PM EDT
Drayton McLane is considering selling the Houston Astros, according to the Associated Press.
McLane, who’s owned the team since 1993, has signed a working letter of intent to sell the team to a group consisting of local and out-of-town investors, KTRK-TV reported.
Interestingly, McLane sounds like he doesn’t know a whole lot about the potential buyers, but hopes they are very classy, very local and, shockingly, also very rich, saying that the investors:
… “have to show us that they have the financial capability to do the deal and they have to show us the people, because we’d only do something if it were really, highly reputable people and that there were a lot of Houston people that were involved in it.”
Guess that means these bastards are out.
Follow me on Twitter at @bharks.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)