Jan 11, 2010, 3:02 PM EST
Rosenthal tweets that Nick Green has signed with the Dodgers. He’d be Rafael Furcal’s backup.
Green had 309 plate appearances as he became the 2,406th (approximately) dead end in the Red Sox’ Murphy-Brown-secretaryish, Spinal-Tap-drummerish search for a permanent solution at shortstop.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 15
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 36
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 43
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)