Jan 11, 2010, 3:02 PM EDT
Rosenthal tweets that Nick Green has signed with the Dodgers. He’d be Rafael Furcal’s backup.
Green had 309 plate appearances as he became the 2,406th (approximately) dead end in the Red Sox’ Murphy-Brown-secretaryish, Spinal-Tap-drummerish search for a permanent solution at shortstop.
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 4
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 12
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 3
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 34
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 13
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)