Jan 11, 2010, 8:53 PM EST
Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette is reporting that the Pirates have agreed to terms on a contract with outfielder Ryan Church, a free agent who played just 111 games last season as he battled back problems.
The signing is contingent on Church passing a physical, which will come later his week. This isn’t a huge signing but it’s the Pirates, so what did you expect?
Besides, the team has already taken a much more important step in ending their 17-year run of losing seasons, the hiring of a “Mental Conditioning Coordinator.”
Straight to the top, Pirates. Straight to the top.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (127)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)