Jan 11, 2010, 8:53 PM EDT
Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette is reporting that the Pirates have agreed to terms on a contract with outfielder Ryan Church, a free agent who played just 111 games last season as he battled back problems.
The signing is contingent on Church passing a physical, which will come later his week. This isn’t a huge signing but it’s the Pirates, so what did you expect?
Besides, the team has already taken a much more important step in ending their 17-year run of losing seasons, the hiring of a “Mental Conditioning Coordinator.”
Straight to the top, Pirates. Straight to the top.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)