Jan 11, 2010, 9:58 AM EDT
I’m hearing word that the whole Derek-Jeter-getting-married thing is baloney. The story: it’s Derek Jeter’s sister Sharlee Jeter.
Not sure if that’s true or not, but (a) the person saying it is in a position to probably know; and (b) is Derek Jeter, the king of p.r. and personal stage management really going to be so lame as to have the date and location of his marriage publicized far and wide by virtue of some half-baked New York Post reporting?
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (183)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)