Jan 11, 2010, 9:58 AM EST
I’m hearing word that the whole Derek-Jeter-getting-married thing is baloney. The story: it’s Derek Jeter’s sister Sharlee Jeter.
Not sure if that’s true or not, but (a) the person saying it is in a position to probably know; and (b) is Derek Jeter, the king of p.r. and personal stage management really going to be so lame as to have the date and location of his marriage publicized far and wide by virtue of some half-baked New York Post reporting?
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)