Jan 11, 2010, 5:00 PM EST
Jon Heyman reports that the Twins have not started talking to Joe Mauer yet, though they probably will soon. Heyman says that the “word is that Mauer plans to be reasonable for a superstar” in his demands, which Heyman says is seven years and north of $20 million, but not near $30 million.
I’d be shocked if this turned into a fraction of the drama some people think it will be. My guess: we here nothing for a while and then one day the Minneapolis equivalent of Mike Fancessa announces it was a done deal a week before. The only people who fret will be Red Sox and Yankees fans who will have to find someone else’s property to covet;
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)