Jan 11, 2010, 10:28 AM EDT
MLB.com’s Ian Browne makes a good point:
Vlad to the Rangers as DH would seem to signify no chance of Lowell to Texas ever being rekindled.
Hmm. Hadn’t thought of that. If the Rangers are out of the running — and why wouldn’t they be – what on Earth is Boston gonna do with Lowell? Who else wants him? At this point they’re looking at either a release or paying $12 million for a guy to backup two dudes who outclass him both defensively and offensively, and that’s not what one usually looks for in a utility infielder.
The only way he’s valuable to the Sox is if David Ortiz decides that his first-half 2009 numbers are his new level, and that’s only relative value as opposed to absolute value.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)