Jan 12, 2010, 12:05 PM EDT
Yahoo!’s Jeff Passan reports that Aroldis Chapman’s six year contract has an incentive clause in it that could make it a very different deal than it’s currently constructed: If he’s in the Majors by mid-May, it turns into a three-year, $25.25 million deal with three years of arbitration to follow.
I can only assume that Walt Jocketty’s comments yesterday about maybe breaking camp with Chapman were so that later, if Chapman is tearing it up in Louisville or wherever, and the Reds make no move to advance him, it can’t be said that they never had any intention of allowing that clause to be triggered.
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 0
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 59
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 70
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 44
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)