Jan 12, 2010, 10:49 AM EDT
Jason at IIATMS has an excellent post exposing just how differently Bud Selig, and by extension Major League Baseball, are treating the Mark McGwire business than they treated the Alex Rodriguez business.
My take: Rodriguez and his agent and his contract bug Selig on some primal level, so it’s easy for him to slip into tut-tut mode when he’s involved. McGwire, however, saved Selig’s bacon by helping everyone forget that Selig’s failed bust-the-union gambit cost America a World Series a few years earlier, so he’ll always have a warm place in his heart for Big Mac.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 38
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 61
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)