Jan 12, 2010, 10:49 AM EDT
Jason at IIATMS has an excellent post exposing just how differently Bud Selig, and by extension Major League Baseball, are treating the Mark McGwire business than they treated the Alex Rodriguez business.
My take: Rodriguez and his agent and his contract bug Selig on some primal level, so it’s easy for him to slip into tut-tut mode when he’s involved. McGwire, however, saved Selig’s bacon by helping everyone forget that Selig’s failed bust-the-union gambit cost America a World Series a few years earlier, so he’ll always have a warm place in his heart for Big Mac.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)