Jan 12, 2010, 10:49 AM EDT
Jason at IIATMS has an excellent post exposing just how differently Bud Selig, and by extension Major League Baseball, are treating the Mark McGwire business than they treated the Alex Rodriguez business.
My take: Rodriguez and his agent and his contract bug Selig on some primal level, so it’s easy for him to slip into tut-tut mode when he’s involved. McGwire, however, saved Selig’s bacon by helping everyone forget that Selig’s failed bust-the-union gambit cost America a World Series a few years earlier, so he’ll always have a warm place in his heart for Big Mac.
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 4
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 85
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)