Jan 12, 2010, 10:29 PM EDT
Come buy an A-Rod souvenir! This from AP:
The ball Alex Rodriguez hit for his 500th home run will be auctioned off online.
SCP Auctions said bidding will begin Jan. 20 for the ball recovered by a college student at the old Yankee Stadium when A-Rod hit No. 500 on Aug. 4, 2007.
Considering A-Rod will probably hit at least another 300 home runs in his career – provided he stays healthy and avoids Madonna (is that redundant?) – buying his 500th home run ball will be the equivalent of purchasing, from a math standpoint anyway, Walt Weiss’ milestone 16th home run ball.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 221
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (221)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)