Jan 12, 2010, 10:29 PM EST
Come buy an A-Rod souvenir! This from AP:
The ball Alex Rodriguez hit for his 500th home run will be auctioned off online.
SCP Auctions said bidding will begin Jan. 20 for the ball recovered by a college student at the old Yankee Stadium when A-Rod hit No. 500 on Aug. 4, 2007.
Considering A-Rod will probably hit at least another 300 home runs in his career – provided he stays healthy and avoids Madonna (is that redundant?) – buying his 500th home run ball will be the equivalent of purchasing, from a math standpoint anyway, Walt Weiss’ milestone 16th home run ball.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 83
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 33
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 145
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)