Jan 12, 2010, 10:29 PM EDT
Come buy an A-Rod souvenir! This from AP:
The ball Alex Rodriguez hit for his 500th home run will be auctioned off online.
SCP Auctions said bidding will begin Jan. 20 for the ball recovered by a college student at the old Yankee Stadium when A-Rod hit No. 500 on Aug. 4, 2007.
Considering A-Rod will probably hit at least another 300 home runs in his career – provided he stays healthy and avoids Madonna (is that redundant?) – buying his 500th home run ball will be the equivalent of purchasing, from a math standpoint anyway, Walt Weiss’ milestone 16th home run ball.
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 5
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 40
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 41
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 52
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 65
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)