Jan 12, 2010, 12:35 PM EST
FanHouse’s Ed Price tweets that the Mets have scouted Carlos Delgado a handful of times as he plays in Puerto Rico this winter, and that he’s “not moving well.” One would think that this would preclude his return as a first baseman.
Price suggests that the Blue Jays have scouted him as well. If Price’s source is accurate, the DH appears to be in whatever is left of Delgado’s future.
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 12
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 51
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 24
- Roy Halladay is retiring 54
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 50
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)