Jan 12, 2010, 12:35 PM EDT
FanHouse’s Ed Price tweets that the Mets have scouted Carlos Delgado a handful of times as he plays in Puerto Rico this winter, and that he’s “not moving well.” One would think that this would preclude his return as a first baseman.
Price suggests that the Blue Jays have scouted him as well. If Price’s source is accurate, the DH appears to be in whatever is left of Delgado’s future.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 23
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 62
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)