Jan 12, 2010, 12:35 PM EDT
FanHouse’s Ed Price tweets that the Mets have scouted Carlos Delgado a handful of times as he plays in Puerto Rico this winter, and that he’s “not moving well.” One would think that this would preclude his return as a first baseman.
Price suggests that the Blue Jays have scouted him as well. If Price’s source is accurate, the DH appears to be in whatever is left of Delgado’s future.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 280
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 24
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 32
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (282)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)