Jan 12, 2010, 10:25 AM EDT
Let’s cleanse the palate a bit, shall we?
lar from Wezen-Ball is a friggin’ genius. Using his collection of the “Complete Peanuts”, volumes 1 through 12, he went through and counted all of the wins, losses, and
other various stats put up (and against) Charlie Brown’s baseball team between 1951 and 1970. Here’s the introduction. Here’s the 1950s and here’s the 1960s.
Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to write a 2,000 word screed excoriating Joe Shlabotnik for not coming clean about his greenie use.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 13
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 217
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 140
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (225)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (140)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)