Jan 12, 2010, 10:25 AM EDT
Let’s cleanse the palate a bit, shall we?
lar from Wezen-Ball is a friggin’ genius. Using his collection of the “Complete Peanuts”, volumes 1 through 12, he went through and counted all of the wins, losses, and
other various stats put up (and against) Charlie Brown’s baseball team between 1951 and 1970. Here’s the introduction. Here’s the 1950s and here’s the 1960s.
Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to write a 2,000 word screed excoriating Joe Shlabotnik for not coming clean about his greenie use.
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 24
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 17
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 44
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 39
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 33
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)