Jan 12, 2010, 1:55 PM EDT
FOX’s Jon Paul Morosi reports that Bengie Molina as lowered his asking price and that, as a result, he may be a step closer to joining the Mets. The holdup all along has been years, not money, so it’s unclear whether the Molina is now willing to deal with a single year and an option or if he’s offering a cheaper two or three years.
If he ends up signing a one year deal, though, we should give Omar Minaya props for holding the line here. Because if they were taking bets on it, “Omar gives Molina too much money over too many years” would have been taken off the board back in December.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona