Jan 13, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Former Blue Jays’ GM J.P. Ricciardi never really got the hang of the public relations aspects of being a general manager. He’d rip players in the media. He’s famous for lying about things too, once having said, after being caught lying about B.J. Ryan’s injury, “they’re not lies if we know the truth.” Simply put, a modern GM just really can’t be seen shooting off at the mouth like that.
His weaknesses may soon turn into strengths, however, as the broadcasting talent agency IF Management has announced that they’ve signed Ricciardi to a representation deal and will presumably be shopping his services to a cable network or talk radio station near you. If that works out for him he’ll get paid for shooting his mouth off.
Everyone’s just gotta find their niche, man.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 146
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 20
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 51
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 55
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (163)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)