Jan 13, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Former Blue Jays’ GM J.P. Ricciardi never really got the hang of the public relations aspects of being a general manager. He’d rip players in the media. He’s famous for lying about things too, once having said, after being caught lying about B.J. Ryan’s injury, “they’re not lies if we know the truth.” Simply put, a modern GM just really can’t be seen shooting off at the mouth like that.
His weaknesses may soon turn into strengths, however, as the broadcasting talent agency IF Management has announced that they’ve signed Ricciardi to a representation deal and will presumably be shopping his services to a cable network or talk radio station near you. If that works out for him he’ll get paid for shooting his mouth off.
Everyone’s just gotta find their niche, man.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)