Jan 13, 2010, 10:30 AM EST
Former Blue Jays’ GM J.P. Ricciardi never really got the hang of the public relations aspects of being a general manager. He’d rip players in the media. He’s famous for lying about things too, once having said, after being caught lying about B.J. Ryan’s injury, “they’re not lies if we know the truth.” Simply put, a modern GM just really can’t be seen shooting off at the mouth like that.
His weaknesses may soon turn into strengths, however, as the broadcasting talent agency IF Management has announced that they’ve signed Ricciardi to a representation deal and will presumably be shopping his services to a cable network or talk radio station near you. If that works out for him he’ll get paid for shooting his mouth off.
Everyone’s just gotta find their niche, man.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 74
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)