Jan 13, 2010, 10:30 AM EST
Former Blue Jays’ GM J.P. Ricciardi never really got the hang of the public relations aspects of being a general manager. He’d rip players in the media. He’s famous for lying about things too, once having said, after being caught lying about B.J. Ryan’s injury, “they’re not lies if we know the truth.” Simply put, a modern GM just really can’t be seen shooting off at the mouth like that.
His weaknesses may soon turn into strengths, however, as the broadcasting talent agency IF Management has announced that they’ve signed Ricciardi to a representation deal and will presumably be shopping his services to a cable network or talk radio station near you. If that works out for him he’ll get paid for shooting his mouth off.
Everyone’s just gotta find their niche, man.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)