Jan 13, 2010, 8:38 PM EDT
Finally, we have figured out what the Florida Marlins are doing with all that revenue sharing money they haven’t been spending on players.
The AP reports that the team is sending several members of the team to visit U.S. troops in Iraq and Kuwait.
NL Rookie of the Year Chris Coghlan, catcher John Baker, manager Fredi Gonzalez and president of baseball operations Larry Beinfest are among those scheduled to represent the Marlins, along with four members of the team’s “Mermaids” dance crew.
I think I know what the big draw will be on this trip, and it won’t be Chris Coghlan. But as much as we like to make fun, kudos to the Marlins for a nice gesture. Now, how about signing Dan Uggla and Josh Johnson?
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 1
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)