Jan 13, 2010, 8:38 PM EDT
Finally, we have figured out what the Florida Marlins are doing with all that revenue sharing money they haven’t been spending on players.
The AP reports that the team is sending several members of the team to visit U.S. troops in Iraq and Kuwait.
NL Rookie of the Year Chris Coghlan, catcher John Baker, manager Fredi Gonzalez and president of baseball operations Larry Beinfest are among those scheduled to represent the Marlins, along with four members of the team’s “Mermaids” dance crew.
I think I know what the big draw will be on this trip, and it won’t be Chris Coghlan. But as much as we like to make fun, kudos to the Marlins for a nice gesture. Now, how about signing Dan Uggla and Josh Johnson?
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 96
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (105)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)