Jan 13, 2010, 8:38 PM EDT
Finally, we have figured out what the Florida Marlins are doing with all that revenue sharing money they haven’t been spending on players.
The AP reports that the team is sending several members of the team to visit U.S. troops in Iraq and Kuwait.
NL Rookie of the Year Chris Coghlan, catcher John Baker, manager Fredi Gonzalez and president of baseball operations Larry Beinfest are among those scheduled to represent the Marlins, along with four members of the team’s “Mermaids” dance crew.
I think I know what the big draw will be on this trip, and it won’t be Chris Coghlan. But as much as we like to make fun, kudos to the Marlins for a nice gesture. Now, how about signing Dan Uggla and Josh Johnson?
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 22
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)