Jan 13, 2010, 4:50 PM EST
The sense before was that Kemp may want to go year to year with the Dodgers given the fact that (a) he’s a stud centerfielder; and (b) the Dodgers could be in the poorhouse soon. But two years isn’t some monstrous commitment either, as it only buys out
his last two arb years two of his first three arbitration years and fully preserves his rights to hit free agency when he would have anyway.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)