Jan 13, 2010, 3:56 PM EDT
Remember how Pablo Sandoval was embarking on that uber-workout regimen and was gonna be all lean and mean next season? Yeah, well about that . . .
Pablo Sandoval has gained weight while playing in Venezuela, Sabean
acknowledged. “But not enough to worry about,” he sid. Sabean had a
long conversation with trainer Dave Groeschner yesterday. They have a
target weight for Sandoval — 250 pounds, so I hear — and Sandoval is
committed to being at that weight on opening day.
Color me dubious. 250 was the goal weight back when everyone was all optimistic at the dawn of Camp Panda. Now that he’s been on the Arepa Express for a couple of months, you’d have to figure that he’s gonna come in north of that. Not that I can blame him. I love, love love a good arepa.
At any rate, now that Aubrey Huff is in town and penciled in as the first baseman, the Panda is going to have to stay spry as he stays at third base. Good luck with that, Pablo.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (84)