Jan 13, 2010, 3:56 PM EDT
Remember how Pablo Sandoval was embarking on that uber-workout regimen and was gonna be all lean and mean next season? Yeah, well about that . . .
Pablo Sandoval has gained weight while playing in Venezuela, Sabean
acknowledged. “But not enough to worry about,” he sid. Sabean had a
long conversation with trainer Dave Groeschner yesterday. They have a
target weight for Sandoval — 250 pounds, so I hear — and Sandoval is
committed to being at that weight on opening day.
Color me dubious. 250 was the goal weight back when everyone was all optimistic at the dawn of Camp Panda. Now that he’s been on the Arepa Express for a couple of months, you’d have to figure that he’s gonna come in north of that. Not that I can blame him. I love, love love a good arepa.
At any rate, now that Aubrey Huff is in town and penciled in as the first baseman, the Panda is going to have to stay spry as he stays at third base. Good luck with that, Pablo.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 0
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 4
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (127)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)