Jan 13, 2010, 3:56 PM EST
Remember how Pablo Sandoval was embarking on that uber-workout regimen and was gonna be all lean and mean next season? Yeah, well about that . . .
Pablo Sandoval has gained weight while playing in Venezuela, Sabean
acknowledged. “But not enough to worry about,” he sid. Sabean had a
long conversation with trainer Dave Groeschner yesterday. They have a
target weight for Sandoval — 250 pounds, so I hear — and Sandoval is
committed to being at that weight on opening day.
Color me dubious. 250 was the goal weight back when everyone was all optimistic at the dawn of Camp Panda. Now that he’s been on the Arepa Express for a couple of months, you’d have to figure that he’s gonna come in north of that. Not that I can blame him. I love, love love a good arepa.
At any rate, now that Aubrey Huff is in town and penciled in as the first baseman, the Panda is going to have to stay spry as he stays at third base. Good luck with that, Pablo.
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 5
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 19
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)