Jan 13, 2010, 9:53 AM EDT
Dejan tweets that the physical is done and the ink has been applied to the contract between Church and the Pirates.
The deal is a one-year, $1.5MM agreement with up to $1.32MM in plate appearance-based incentives, with 600 plate appearances meaning he’ll have realized a raise from last year. Given that the Pirates have said that they’re wanting to use him as something of a swingman, I’m seriously doubting he’ll get the plate appearances, however.
Given this signing, Rick Ankiel may have better luck trying to shop himself as a reliever at this point than an outfielder, because he’s running out of potential landing pads.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 23
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 41
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)