Jan 13, 2010, 11:50 AM EDT
St. Lucie County, Florida has not been paid for the naming rights they sold to the Mets’ spring training facility. The rights were purchased by a development company called Core Communities, but the county is going to meet with the Mets about it, so presumably it’s somehow the Mets’ responsibility to collect and pay the dough. If the money doesn’t get paid, the county will issue a letter of default to the Mets.
Exclusive video of the negotiations has been sent to me from the future.
(Hat tip to Amazin’ Avenue)
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (74)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (70)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (69)