Jan 13, 2010, 11:50 AM EDT
St. Lucie County, Florida has not been paid for the naming rights they sold to the Mets’ spring training facility. The rights were purchased by a development company called Core Communities, but the county is going to meet with the Mets about it, so presumably it’s somehow the Mets’ responsibility to collect and pay the dough. If the money doesn’t get paid, the county will issue a letter of default to the Mets.
Exclusive video of the negotiations has been sent to me from the future.
(Hat tip to Amazin’ Avenue)
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 63
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 62
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29