Jan 13, 2010, 12:25 PM EST
Pop quiz, hotshot: You have no money, no DH rule, and the most spacious outfield in all of baseball. Why on Earth are you interested in a veteran defensive liability Jermaine Dye?
I can’t think of any team in baseball that would be a worse fit for
Dye, can you? I mean maybe if he’s willing to take a Troy Glaus kind of
deal he’d be nice to have around, but I have to think that Jed Hoyer
can come up with something a bit more inspired than that.
- Grant Balfour’s deal with Orioles in “serious jeopardy” due to shoulder issue 12
- Report: Rakuten will not allow Masahiro Tanaka come to the United States 63
- Mariners showing “continued interest” in Ervin Santana 10
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! 89
- Dodgers re-sign left-handed reliever J.P. Howell to a two-year, $11.5 million contract 4