Jan 13, 2010, 12:25 PM EDT
Pop quiz, hotshot: You have no money, no DH rule, and the most spacious outfield in all of baseball. Why on Earth are you interested in a veteran defensive liability Jermaine Dye?
I can’t think of any team in baseball that would be a worse fit for
Dye, can you? I mean maybe if he’s willing to take a Troy Glaus kind of
deal he’d be nice to have around, but I have to think that Jed Hoyer
can come up with something a bit more inspired than that.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 15
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 87
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)