Jan 13, 2010, 12:25 PM EST
Pop quiz, hotshot: You have no money, no DH rule, and the most spacious outfield in all of baseball. Why on Earth are you interested in a veteran defensive liability Jermaine Dye?
I can’t think of any team in baseball that would be a worse fit for
Dye, can you? I mean maybe if he’s willing to take a Troy Glaus kind of
deal he’d be nice to have around, but I have to think that Jed Hoyer
can come up with something a bit more inspired than that.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27