Truth and Reconciliation Committee? Really?

Jan 13, 2010, 11:22 AM EDT

This morning Dan Shaughnessy compared steroids to the Third Reich in the Sudetenland. Now Phil Sheridan of the Philadelphia Daily News compares them to Apartheid:

It is time for Major League Baseball to rent a ballroom, set up
television cameras, and invite all the players from the 1980s and ’90s
to tell their steroid stories. It is time for a Baseball Truth and Reconciliation Commission . . . Truth and Reconciliation. They must be linked. If that approach helped
a country as bitterly divided as South Africa move on from the horrors
of apartheid, it should do wonders for baseball’s recovery from an era
of steroid-tainted performance and record-breaking.

Look, guys. I know you’re all writers and that writers are supposed to use metaphors and stuff. But please stop. Stop, before someone references the Holocaust or the Rwandan Genocide or something and gets fired and paraded around on talk shows and things.  Get some freakin’ perspective.

1. MVD - Jan 15, 2010 at 5:05 AM

Its a good idea because we all know that more than about 15 Hall Of Fame caliber players took steroid, but because no one knows the whole story, those few players are being persecuted for the entire era.

2. Glady Vliet - Jan 17, 2010 at 6:15 AM

I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business.

3. Marta Lukes - Feb 6, 2010 at 6:11 AM

I can’t agree with you more on this one. It seems everywhere I go people start flaming about anything. I’m starting to doubt people…I don’t know sounds very pesimistic but this is how i see it.I think people need to find out more about marire sani

4. Kim Worthen - Feb 6, 2010 at 6:15 AM

Some people might not agree with what I have to say in general… that’s fine but what I can say for sure is that everywhere I go people start flaming about anything. We’re definitely in anger management need…What’s this world turning to… I do recall things were a bit different just one decade ago. Or maybe when I was a kid stuff used to be more fun and I had no worries whatsoever.I think people need to find out more about marirea sanilor

5. Gourmet Coffees - Feb 8, 2010 at 4:43 PM

Your article really landed right on the head. great work, I look forward to your next story.

6. online stock trading - Feb 16, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Hey, I read a lot of blogs on a daily basis and for the most part, people lack substance but, I just wanted to make a quick comment to say GREAT blog!…..I”ll be checking in on a regularly now….Keep up the good work! :)

Who are the favorites for Rookie of the Year?
  1. J. Soler (3898)