Jan 13, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
I know you don’t care about this, but (a) there are a couple dozen substantive posts a day here so I’m entitled to a little fluff time and again; and (b) since it validates my source, I’m gonna post it anyway.
Derek Jeter is not getting married, and yes — as you heard EXCLUSIVELY from CTB, it is in fact Derek’s sister, Sharlee Jeter getting married in November [note: link launches to dumb talk radio show; don’t say I didn’t warn you].
Apparently she’s marrying some rapper named Skyzoo. According to his Wikipedia page, “He cites as influences hip hop artists such as Notorious B.I.G., Jay-Z, Nas, N.W.A., Big Daddy Kane, and Kid ‘n Play, as well as artists such as Sade, Nirvana and John Coltrane, and cites Coltrane’s A Love Supreme as his favorite album.” Based on that list I think we can safely say that the Jeter family is getting a quality addition.
Not that, um, I’m a big, big Sade fan or anything. Anymore. Much. [hangs head in shame . . .you’re my sweetest taboo, Sade. You’re my sweetest taboo].
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 2
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 17
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)