Jan 13, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
I know you don’t care about this, but (a) there are a couple dozen substantive posts a day here so I’m entitled to a little fluff time and again; and (b) since it validates my source, I’m gonna post it anyway.
Derek Jeter is not getting married, and yes — as you heard EXCLUSIVELY from CTB, it is in fact Derek’s sister, Sharlee Jeter getting married in November [note: link launches to dumb talk radio show; don't say I didn't warn you].
Apparently she’s marrying some rapper named Skyzoo. According to his Wikipedia page, “He cites as influences hip hop artists such as Notorious B.I.G., Jay-Z, Nas, N.W.A., Big Daddy Kane, and Kid ‘n Play, as well as artists such as Sade, Nirvana and John Coltrane, and cites Coltrane’s A Love Supreme as his favorite album.” Based on that list I think we can safely say that the Jeter family is getting a quality addition.
Not that, um, I’m a big, big Sade fan or anything. Anymore. Much. [hangs head in shame . . .you're my sweetest taboo, Sade. You're my sweetest taboo].
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)