Jan 13, 2010, 5:30 PM EST
I know you don’t care about this, but (a) there are a couple dozen substantive posts a day here so I’m entitled to a little fluff time and again; and (b) since it validates my source, I’m gonna post it anyway.
Derek Jeter is not getting married, and yes — as you heard EXCLUSIVELY from CTB, it is in fact Derek’s sister, Sharlee Jeter getting married in November [note: link launches to dumb talk radio show; don't say I didn't warn you].
Apparently she’s marrying some rapper named Skyzoo. According to his Wikipedia page, “He cites as influences hip hop artists such as Notorious B.I.G., Jay-Z, Nas, N.W.A., Big Daddy Kane, and Kid ‘n Play, as well as artists such as Sade, Nirvana and John Coltrane, and cites Coltrane’s A Love Supreme as his favorite album.” Based on that list I think we can safely say that the Jeter family is getting a quality addition.
Not that, um, I’m a big, big Sade fan or anything. Anymore. Much. [hangs head in shame . . .you're my sweetest taboo, Sade. You're my sweetest taboo].
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)