Jan 13, 2010, 5:30 PM EST
I know you don’t care about this, but (a) there are a couple dozen substantive posts a day here so I’m entitled to a little fluff time and again; and (b) since it validates my source, I’m gonna post it anyway.
Derek Jeter is not getting married, and yes — as you heard EXCLUSIVELY from CTB, it is in fact Derek’s sister, Sharlee Jeter getting married in November [note: link launches to dumb talk radio show; don't say I didn't warn you].
Apparently she’s marrying some rapper named Skyzoo. According to his Wikipedia page, “He cites as influences hip hop artists such as Notorious B.I.G., Jay-Z, Nas, N.W.A., Big Daddy Kane, and Kid ‘n Play, as well as artists such as Sade, Nirvana and John Coltrane, and cites Coltrane’s A Love Supreme as his favorite album.” Based on that list I think we can safely say that the Jeter family is getting a quality addition.
Not that, um, I’m a big, big Sade fan or anything. Anymore. Much. [hangs head in shame . . .you're my sweetest taboo, Sade. You're my sweetest taboo].
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)