Jan 14, 2010, 6:00 PM EDT
Phillies closer Brad Lidge had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee on Wednesday. Something to do with “loose bodies and meniscal debridement.” I hate it when that happens.
He’ll start throwing again in ten days or so. It’s unclear if he’ll be ready to go by Opening Day. If he can’t go, the Phillies will have to find someone else to blow saves for them until he’s back to 100%.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 27
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 48
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 68
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)