Jan 14, 2010, 1:34 PM EDT
Most teams don’t go to arbitration with their arbitration-eligible players, and the Braves less so than most. So it’s no surprise that they’ve reached a deal with new-arrival Melky Cabrera.
It’s a $3.1 million deal, reports ESPN’s Enrique Rojas. The Braves will only pay $2.6 million of that, however, as the Yankees agreed to kick in $500,000 towards his 2010 salary as part of the Vazquez trade.
Certainly not the most useful $500,000 they’ve spent today.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 7
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (86)