Jan 14, 2010, 1:34 PM EST
Most teams don’t go to arbitration with their arbitration-eligible players, and the Braves less so than most. So it’s no surprise that they’ve reached a deal with new-arrival Melky Cabrera.
It’s a $3.1 million deal, reports ESPN’s Enrique Rojas. The Braves will only pay $2.6 million of that, however, as the Yankees agreed to kick in $500,000 towards his 2010 salary as part of the Vazquez trade.
Certainly not the most useful $500,000 they’ve spent today.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 28
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 79
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (103)