Jan 14, 2010, 1:34 PM EDT
Most teams don’t go to arbitration with their arbitration-eligible players, and the Braves less so than most. So it’s no surprise that they’ve reached a deal with new-arrival Melky Cabrera.
It’s a $3.1 million deal, reports ESPN’s Enrique Rojas. The Braves will only pay $2.6 million of that, however, as the Yankees agreed to kick in $500,000 towards his 2010 salary as part of the Vazquez trade.
Certainly not the most useful $500,000 they’ve spent today.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 17
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 55
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 79
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)