Jan 14, 2010, 1:34 PM EDT
Most teams don’t go to arbitration with their arbitration-eligible players, and the Braves less so than most. So it’s no surprise that they’ve reached a deal with new-arrival Melky Cabrera.
It’s a $3.1 million deal, reports ESPN’s Enrique Rojas. The Braves will only pay $2.6 million of that, however, as the Yankees agreed to kick in $500,000 towards his 2010 salary as part of the Vazquez trade.
Certainly not the most useful $500,000 they’ve spent today.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 45
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 34
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 10
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 97
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (97)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)