Jan 14, 2010, 12:30 PM EST
If you wondered what the famously overage star of the 2001 Little League World Series is up to, the New York Daily News is your huckleberry.
The story is mostly about the high school team he’s helping coach now, but this line sticks out: “Despite putting up impressive numbers the past two seasons at Western Oklahoma College, Almonte wasn’t drafted, in part because of his inglorious history.”
Anyone think for a moment that if Almonte was a legitimate prospect that a team would pass him by simply because he pulled the wool over some people’s eyes back at the Little League World Series a decade ago? I sure don’t.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 0
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 34
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 61
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15