Jan 14, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
If you wondered what the famously overage star of the 2001 Little League World Series is up to, the New York Daily News is your huckleberry.
The story is mostly about the high school team he’s helping coach now, but this line sticks out: “Despite putting up impressive numbers the past two seasons at Western Oklahoma College, Almonte wasn’t drafted, in part because of his inglorious history.”
Anyone think for a moment that if Almonte was a legitimate prospect that a team would pass him by simply because he pulled the wool over some people’s eyes back at the Little League World Series a decade ago? I sure don’t.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17