Jan 14, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
If you wondered what the famously overage star of the 2001 Little League World Series is up to, the New York Daily News is your huckleberry.
The story is mostly about the high school team he’s helping coach now, but this line sticks out: “Despite putting up impressive numbers the past two seasons at Western Oklahoma College, Almonte wasn’t drafted, in part because of his inglorious history.”
Anyone think for a moment that if Almonte was a legitimate prospect that a team would pass him by simply because he pulled the wool over some people’s eyes back at the Little League World Series a decade ago? I sure don’t.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (117)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?