Jan 14, 2010, 4:27 PM EDT
Of course, Torre is only under contract through 2010. If the team implodes or if it goes broke and gets mired in McCourt nonsense, isn’t it possible that they’ll say thanks-but-no-thanks to a manager making $4 million or more for an additional year?
UPDATE: You know, Joe Girardi is a lame duck himself. I hereby start the “Torre back to the Bronx” rumors. If enough people talk about this, even to dismiss the idea, eventually it will get elevated to the status of legitimate rumor. That’s how this works, you see.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 25
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 56
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 79
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)