Jan 14, 2010, 4:27 PM EDT
Of course, Torre is only under contract through 2010. If the team implodes or if it goes broke and gets mired in McCourt nonsense, isn’t it possible that they’ll say thanks-but-no-thanks to a manager making $4 million or more for an additional year?
UPDATE: You know, Joe Girardi is a lame duck himself. I hereby start the “Torre back to the Bronx” rumors. If enough people talk about this, even to dismiss the idea, eventually it will get elevated to the status of legitimate rumor. That’s how this works, you see.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 85
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)