Jan 14, 2010, 6:42 PM EDT
That gun the union put to the Marlins’ head has paid quick dividends for Josh Johnson, who just had his arbitration and two years of free agency bought out by Florida, to the tune of four years, $39 million.
Johnson turns 26 later this month. He was 15-5 with a 3.23 ERA, 1.16
WHIP and 191/58 K/BB ratio in 33 starts with the Marlins last season. He’s a keeper.
This is how it’s supposed to work, Marlins fans. Welcome to the land of the living.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 62
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 46
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 46
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 68
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show
- PFT: Bucs saw Revis injury as opportunity
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead