Jan 14, 2010, 6:42 PM EST
That gun the union put to the Marlins’ head has paid quick dividends for Josh Johnson, who just had his arbitration and two years of free agency bought out by Florida, to the tune of four years, $39 million.
Johnson turns 26 later this month. He was 15-5 with a 3.23 ERA, 1.16
WHIP and 191/58 K/BB ratio in 33 starts with the Marlins last season. He’s a keeper.
This is how it’s supposed to work, Marlins fans. Welcome to the land of the living.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 152
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 24
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (154)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (83)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (74)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)
- Nationals acquire Doug Fister from Tigers (68)