Jan 14, 2010, 6:42 PM EDT
That gun the union put to the Marlins’ head has paid quick dividends for Josh Johnson, who just had his arbitration and two years of free agency bought out by Florida, to the tune of four years, $39 million.
Johnson turns 26 later this month. He was 15-5 with a 3.23 ERA, 1.16
WHIP and 191/58 K/BB ratio in 33 starts with the Marlins last season. He’s a keeper.
This is how it’s supposed to work, Marlins fans. Welcome to the land of the living.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (81)