Jan 14, 2010, 8:30 AM EDT
After telling us about the Carlos Beltran surgery thing, Bob asked what else could go wrong for the Mets. I suppose some will differ, but giving two years to a catcher with a .285 on base percentage seems wrong to me. Morosi says they’re close to doing that with Bengie Molina. I’ve never quite understood why the Mets want him, but then again there are a lot of things I don’t understand about the Mets.
But of course he’s durable, and if you believe in signs and portents, the Beltran thing would suggest to you that just because it’s 2010 doesn’t mean that the Mets won’t have injury problems. Sure, maybe it’s better to hold the line with Molina on a one year deal, but at least having a reliable guy like him around gives you one less position you have to worry about.
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 5
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 71
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 172
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (178)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)