Jan 14, 2010, 8:30 AM EDT
After telling us about the Carlos Beltran surgery thing, Bob asked what else could go wrong for the Mets. I suppose some will differ, but giving two years to a catcher with a .285 on base percentage seems wrong to me. Morosi says they’re close to doing that with Bengie Molina. I’ve never quite understood why the Mets want him, but then again there are a lot of things I don’t understand about the Mets.
But of course he’s durable, and if you believe in signs and portents, the Beltran thing would suggest to you that just because it’s 2010 doesn’t mean that the Mets won’t have injury problems. Sure, maybe it’s better to hold the line with Molina on a one year deal, but at least having a reliable guy like him around gives you one less position you have to worry about.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Live Extra: Watch Blackhawks-Red Wings Game 3
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins