Jan 14, 2010, 4:58 PM EST
In other Pirates news, Maury Brown reports that they’re giving Ryan Church the #18 jersey. Which used to be Andy Van Slyke’s number. I always liked Andy Van Slyke. I assume Pirates fans do too, even if the decision to keep him over Barry Bonds back in 1993 more or less began two decades in the wilderness for the club.
Not Van Slyke’s fault of course. But it’s not Def Leppard’s fault I got in that car wreck back in 1988 either, yet since “Hysteria” was in the tape deck at the time the Chevette started flipping, to this very day I can’t listen to “Rocket” while driving.
- David Ortiz and Robinson Cano give their Super Bowl XLIX predictions 6
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 8
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 20
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 106
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (106)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)