Jan 14, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
You’ll recall that LaRoche had previously turned down a two-year, $17.5 million offer from the Giants. Add in the facts that (a) San Francisco is a way cooler place to live than Phoenix; and (b) the Giants stand a better shot at competing for the division and, I think we can call LaRoche’s offseason strategy to have been something approaching a total failure.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)