Jan 14, 2010, 2:20 PM EDT
2:20 P.M.: Bud Selig has just announced that Major League Baseball has kicked in $1 million via UNICEF.
11:30 A.M.: Great move by the Yankees:
The New York Yankees announced today that they were donating $500,000
in support of rescue and relief efforts following the tragic earthquake
The catastrophic event has devastated an entire nation and will have
far-reaching effects in the worldwide Haitian community. The Yankees
hope their donation will inspire people throughout the United States to
do everything they can to aid the people of Haiti in their time of need.
The scope of this disaster makes it almost impossible to get one’s brain around it. Some have suggested that Haiti could cease to be a viable nation as a result of the quake. Anything anyone can do, however small, is much needed and much appreciated.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)