Jan 14, 2010, 2:20 PM EDT
2:20 P.M.: Bud Selig has just announced that Major League Baseball has kicked in $1 million via UNICEF.
11:30 A.M.: Great move by the Yankees:
The New York Yankees announced today that they were donating $500,000
in support of rescue and relief efforts following the tragic earthquake
The catastrophic event has devastated an entire nation and will have
far-reaching effects in the worldwide Haitian community. The Yankees
hope their donation will inspire people throughout the United States to
do everything they can to aid the people of Haiti in their time of need.
The scope of this disaster makes it almost impossible to get one’s brain around it. Some have suggested that Haiti could cease to be a viable nation as a result of the quake. Anything anyone can do, however small, is much needed and much appreciated.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)