Jan 14, 2010, 2:20 PM EDT
2:20 P.M.: Bud Selig has just announced that Major League Baseball has kicked in $1 million via UNICEF.
11:30 A.M.: Great move by the Yankees:
The New York Yankees announced today that they were donating $500,000
in support of rescue and relief efforts following the tragic earthquake
The catastrophic event has devastated an entire nation and will have
far-reaching effects in the worldwide Haitian community. The Yankees
hope their donation will inspire people throughout the United States to
do everything they can to aid the people of Haiti in their time of need.
The scope of this disaster makes it almost impossible to get one’s brain around it. Some have suggested that Haiti could cease to be a viable nation as a result of the quake. Anything anyone can do, however small, is much needed and much appreciated.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 55
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)