Jan 14, 2010, 2:20 PM EST
2:20 P.M.: Bud Selig has just announced that Major League Baseball has kicked in $1 million via UNICEF.
11:30 A.M.: Great move by the Yankees:
The New York Yankees announced today that they were donating $500,000
in support of rescue and relief efforts following the tragic earthquake
The catastrophic event has devastated an entire nation and will have
far-reaching effects in the worldwide Haitian community. The Yankees
hope their donation will inspire people throughout the United States to
do everything they can to aid the people of Haiti in their time of need.
The scope of this disaster makes it almost impossible to get one’s brain around it. Some have suggested that Haiti could cease to be a viable nation as a result of the quake. Anything anyone can do, however small, is much needed and much appreciated.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 19
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (91)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)