Jan 14, 2010, 2:20 PM EST
2:20 P.M.: Bud Selig has just announced that Major League Baseball has kicked in $1 million via UNICEF.
11:30 A.M.: Great move by the Yankees:
The New York Yankees announced today that they were donating $500,000
in support of rescue and relief efforts following the tragic earthquake
The catastrophic event has devastated an entire nation and will have
far-reaching effects in the worldwide Haitian community. The Yankees
hope their donation will inspire people throughout the United States to
do everything they can to aid the people of Haiti in their time of need.
The scope of this disaster makes it almost impossible to get one’s brain around it. Some have suggested that Haiti could cease to be a viable nation as a result of the quake. Anything anyone can do, however small, is much needed and much appreciated.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)