Jan 14, 2010, 2:50 PM EST
Deep Thought: For what the Mets are going to likely pay Bengie Molina, they could have signed Adam LaRoche and any of the multiple $3 million-and-cheaper catchers who have signed this winter and who aren’t appreciably worse than Molina, including but not limited to Gregg Zaun, Miguel Olivo, John Buck, and Ivan Rodriguez.
And even if you think Molina is the best of the bunch, isn’t Molina + Daniel Murphy at first base < any of these guys + Adam LaRoche at first base?
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 5
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 19
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (105)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)