Jan 14, 2010, 2:50 PM EDT
Deep Thought: For what the Mets are going to likely pay Bengie Molina, they could have signed Adam LaRoche and any of the multiple $3 million-and-cheaper catchers who have signed this winter and who aren’t appreciably worse than Molina, including but not limited to Gregg Zaun, Miguel Olivo, John Buck, and Ivan Rodriguez.
And even if you think Molina is the best of the bunch, isn’t Molina + Daniel Murphy at first base < any of these guys + Adam LaRoche at first base?
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 17
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 29
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 58
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 73
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 86
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)