Jan 14, 2010, 2:50 PM EDT
Deep Thought: For what the Mets are going to likely pay Bengie Molina, they could have signed Adam LaRoche and any of the multiple $3 million-and-cheaper catchers who have signed this winter and who aren’t appreciably worse than Molina, including but not limited to Gregg Zaun, Miguel Olivo, John Buck, and Ivan Rodriguez.
And even if you think Molina is the best of the bunch, isn’t Molina + Daniel Murphy at first base < any of these guys + Adam LaRoche at first base?
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 2
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 10
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 87
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 80
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)