Jan 14, 2010, 2:50 PM EDT
Deep Thought: For what the Mets are going to likely pay Bengie Molina, they could have signed Adam LaRoche and any of the multiple $3 million-and-cheaper catchers who have signed this winter and who aren’t appreciably worse than Molina, including but not limited to Gregg Zaun, Miguel Olivo, John Buck, and Ivan Rodriguez.
And even if you think Molina is the best of the bunch, isn’t Molina + Daniel Murphy at first base < any of these guys + Adam LaRoche at first base?
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)