Jan 15, 2010, 1:10 AM EDT
Tom Glavine isn’t showing a lot of common sense regarding his pitching career, and he knows it.
“I haven’t officially [retired] yet,” Glavine said. “I don’t know why. I think if anybody has any common sense, they can figure out that I’m probably not going to pitch again.”
The 43-year-old, who will start the countdown to a possible first-ballot Hall of Fame induction once he does retire, seems just about to resigned to the end of his career. He’s just having a hard time putting it in writing.
According to MLB.com, Glavine is hoping to coincide his retirement with an announcement that he will return to the Braves in some capacity, possibly as a broadcaster or front office employee. But he’s also struggling to forgive the Braves after they released him last June just five days before his scheduled season debut.
“I’m not going to lie and say everything is cool and that I’m beyond it,” Glavine said. “Maybe that is part of the reason that I haven’t committed 100 percent to going back to join the Braves yet. I really have enjoyed spending time with my wife and our children, and I don’t know how much of that time I want to miss.”
There’s one way to not miss any of that time, Tom – retire. Then enjoy the season watching games, playing with the kids, and not putting any more stress on your arm. And if you can’t stay away from the game, I’m sure TBS or FOX could make some room for you come playoff time.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 30
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 56
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)