Jan 15, 2010, 3:46 PM EST
Heyman tweets that Felix Hernandez and the Mariners are making progress on a five or six year deal but will “do the 1-year thing first to buy time.” Makes sense. No sense in rushing this thing.
Hernandez made $3.8 million in 2009. No telling what a one year deal would mean for him money wise, but all accounts of negotiations so far portray it as a constructive thing, with the Mariners and Hernandez’s Alan Nero working together well. The Mariners want Hernandez, and they’ve made a lot of serious investments in the team’s future this year which should give Hernandez confidence in them.
Note to the San Francisco Giants: watch what the Mariners do with King Felix and do more or less what they do when you get down to business with Tim Lincecum.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)