Jan 15, 2010, 3:46 PM EDT
Heyman tweets that Felix Hernandez and the Mariners are making progress on a five or six year deal but will “do the 1-year thing first to buy time.” Makes sense. No sense in rushing this thing.
Hernandez made $3.8 million in 2009. No telling what a one year deal would mean for him money wise, but all accounts of negotiations so far portray it as a constructive thing, with the Mariners and Hernandez’s Alan Nero working together well. The Mariners want Hernandez, and they’ve made a lot of serious investments in the team’s future this year which should give Hernandez confidence in them.
Note to the San Francisco Giants: watch what the Mariners do with King Felix and do more or less what they do when you get down to business with Tim Lincecum.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 0
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 18
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 86
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 56
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (86)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)