Jan 15, 2010, 2:37 PM EDT
UPDATE: Dylan Hernandez reports that Kemp’s deal is worth $10.95 million. $4 million this year, $6.95 million in 2011.
12:14 P.M. MLB.com’s Ken Gurnick tweets that L.A. and Kemp have reached a preliminary agreement on a two-year contract, pending a physical.
No word on the dough. As mentioned the other day, this buys out two of his first three arbitration years. His agent, Dave Stewart (yes, that Dave Stewart), has suggested that there’s not much that’s going to stop Kemp from hitting the free agent market when the time comes.
Can’t say as I blame him. If Kemp stays on his current trajectory, he’s gonna make some ridiculous money.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 35
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 9
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 31
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 47
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)