Jan 15, 2010, 2:37 PM EDT
UPDATE: Dylan Hernandez reports that Kemp’s deal is worth $10.95 million. $4 million this year, $6.95 million in 2011.
12:14 P.M. MLB.com’s Ken Gurnick tweets that L.A. and Kemp have reached a preliminary agreement on a two-year contract, pending a physical.
No word on the dough. As mentioned the other day, this buys out two of his first three arbitration years. His agent, Dave Stewart (yes, that Dave Stewart), has suggested that there’s not much that’s going to stop Kemp from hitting the free agent market when the time comes.
Can’t say as I blame him. If Kemp stays on his current trajectory, he’s gonna make some ridiculous money.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 3
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 17
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)