Jan 15, 2010, 2:37 PM EDT
UPDATE: Dylan Hernandez reports that Kemp’s deal is worth $10.95 million. $4 million this year, $6.95 million in 2011.
12:14 P.M. MLB.com’s Ken Gurnick tweets that L.A. and Kemp have reached a preliminary agreement on a two-year contract, pending a physical.
No word on the dough. As mentioned the other day, this buys out two of his first three arbitration years. His agent, Dave Stewart (yes, that Dave Stewart), has suggested that there’s not much that’s going to stop Kemp from hitting the free agent market when the time comes.
Can’t say as I blame him. If Kemp stays on his current trajectory, he’s gonna make some ridiculous money.
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 0
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 17
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)