Jan 15, 2010, 2:37 PM EDT
UPDATE: Dylan Hernandez reports that Kemp’s deal is worth $10.95 million. $4 million this year, $6.95 million in 2011.
12:14 P.M. MLB.com’s Ken Gurnick tweets that L.A. and Kemp have reached a preliminary agreement on a two-year contract, pending a physical.
No word on the dough. As mentioned the other day, this buys out two of his first three arbitration years. His agent, Dave Stewart (yes, that Dave Stewart), has suggested that there’s not much that’s going to stop Kemp from hitting the free agent market when the time comes.
Can’t say as I blame him. If Kemp stays on his current trajectory, he’s gonna make some ridiculous money.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 75
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 77
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 102
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (106)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Jonathan Papelbon blows save, gets ejected for making rude gesture at booing crowd (77)