Jan 15, 2010, 12:44 PM EST
Following up on Matt Kemp’s deal, Chad Billingsley has signed a deal avoiding arbitration as well. One year, $3.85 million.
Billingsley is 24 years old with a 47-30 record and 3.55 ERA in 634 career innings. He was stepped over, Fredo-style, in the playoffs, and it was reported that the Dodgers were dangling him for Roy Halladay after the season ended.
I guess giving the guy $3.85 million is the arbitration equivalent of “ah, I didn’t mean nothin’ by it, baby. I still love ya.”
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 43
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 94
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 121
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (122)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (108)