Jan 15, 2010, 12:44 PM EDT
Following up on Matt Kemp’s deal, Chad Billingsley has signed a deal avoiding arbitration as well. One year, $3.85 million.
Billingsley is 24 years old with a 47-30 record and 3.55 ERA in 634 career innings. He was stepped over, Fredo-style, in the playoffs, and it was reported that the Dodgers were dangling him for Roy Halladay after the season ended.
I guess giving the guy $3.85 million is the arbitration equivalent of “ah, I didn’t mean nothin’ by it, baby. I still love ya.”
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17