Jan 15, 2010, 12:44 PM EDT
Following up on Matt Kemp’s deal, Chad Billingsley has signed a deal avoiding arbitration as well. One year, $3.85 million.
Billingsley is 24 years old with a 47-30 record and 3.55 ERA in 634 career innings. He was stepped over, Fredo-style, in the playoffs, and it was reported that the Dodgers were dangling him for Roy Halladay after the season ended.
I guess giving the guy $3.85 million is the arbitration equivalent of “ah, I didn’t mean nothin’ by it, baby. I still love ya.”
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)