Jan 15, 2010, 12:44 PM EST
Following up on Matt Kemp’s deal, Chad Billingsley has signed a deal avoiding arbitration as well. One year, $3.85 million.
Billingsley is 24 years old with a 47-30 record and 3.55 ERA in 634 career innings. He was stepped over, Fredo-style, in the playoffs, and it was reported that the Dodgers were dangling him for Roy Halladay after the season ended.
I guess giving the guy $3.85 million is the arbitration equivalent of “ah, I didn’t mean nothin’ by it, baby. I still love ya.”
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)