Jan 15, 2010, 12:44 PM EDT
Following up on Matt Kemp’s deal, Chad Billingsley has signed a deal avoiding arbitration as well. One year, $3.85 million.
Billingsley is 24 years old with a 47-30 record and 3.55 ERA in 634 career innings. He was stepped over, Fredo-style, in the playoffs, and it was reported that the Dodgers were dangling him for Roy Halladay after the season ended.
I guess giving the guy $3.85 million is the arbitration equivalent of “ah, I didn’t mean nothin’ by it, baby. I still love ya.”
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 0
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 46
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 6
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 19
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 42