Jan 15, 2010, 8:57 AM EDT
Now that Carlos Beltran is going to be missing some time the Mets need some help, and according to Ken Rosenthal they’ve made contact with free agent utilityman Jerry Hairston Jr.
Hairston hit .251/.315/.394 with 10 home runs and 39 RBI in 383 at-bats between the Reds and Yankees last season. Over that time he played every position except first base and catcher, so if the Mets do sign him they’ll have a lot of options as to how to use him.
Hairston was also one of the players named in the Mitchell Report, but we only care about that kind of thing if you’re a big superstar so no one ever mentions it.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 78
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 125
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)