Jan 15, 2010, 8:57 AM EST
Now that Carlos Beltran is going to be missing some time the Mets need some help, and according to Ken Rosenthal they’ve made contact with free agent utilityman Jerry Hairston Jr.
Hairston hit .251/.315/.394 with 10 home runs and 39 RBI in 383 at-bats between the Reds and Yankees last season. Over that time he played every position except first base and catcher, so if the Mets do sign him they’ll have a lot of options as to how to use him.
Hairston was also one of the players named in the Mitchell Report, but we only care about that kind of thing if you’re a big superstar so no one ever mentions it.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 7
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (92)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (81)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)