Jan 15, 2010, 8:57 AM EDT
Now that Carlos Beltran is going to be missing some time the Mets need some help, and according to Ken Rosenthal they’ve made contact with free agent utilityman Jerry Hairston Jr.
Hairston hit .251/.315/.394 with 10 home runs and 39 RBI in 383 at-bats between the Reds and Yankees last season. Over that time he played every position except first base and catcher, so if the Mets do sign him they’ll have a lot of options as to how to use him.
Hairston was also one of the players named in the Mitchell Report, but we only care about that kind of thing if you’re a big superstar so no one ever mentions it.
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 5
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 21
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 88
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)