The Red Sox add roster fodder

Jan 15, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT

The Red Sox have signed six guys to minor league deals: Fernando Cabrera, Edwin Moreno, Jorge Sosa, Angel Sanchez, Gil Velazquez, and Darnell McDonald.

Since 1998, the Red Sox and their fans have celebrated “truck day” in early February which is the day the moving truck that transports the team’s spring training gear from to spring training in Fort Myers, Fla. leaves Fenway Park.  No word on whether Cabrera, Moreno, Sosa, Sanchez, Velazquez and McDonald will be on it.

Nah. That’s just silly. The batting helmets and fungoes will be much more valuable to the Sox’ 2010 season than any of those guys will be and space on a moving van is expensive.  They’ll probably get sent Priority Mail.

1. Motherscratcher - Jan 15, 2010 at 5:15 PM

Thank God for those new flat rate boxes. You might even be able to squeeze two of the in per box.
    BTW, I really hope Bruce shows up to tell you that you’ve set yourself up for a huge lawsuit by Angel Sanchez who vehemently denies traveling via USPS despite your erroneous news story. It’s slander, I tell ya.

2. Bobby Townsend - Jan 15, 2010 at 5:20 PM

All these players will be at Pawtucket to start the season. There may be a need for them to come to Boston in a fill-in role at some point during the season. They really did not have that last season since nobody on the Pawsox did anything credible enough to warrant a call-up. That was a poor team in 2009

3. Rodney Dangerfield - Jan 15, 2010 at 6:49 PM

You’re killing me.
    Put a warning on this stuff so I don’t laugh so hard I spit coffee all over the monitor.

4. Ray - Jan 15, 2010 at 8:09 PM

Rodney, if that made you even giggle, you need to get out more.

5. Old Gator - Jan 16, 2010 at 8:44 AM

Sun comes up, it’s Saturday morning, hits me straight in the brain ’cause I forgot to close the gamma shields last night. Meanwhile, Craig is still sleeping off his hangover so I guess I’m stuck commenting on USPS flat rate boxes while waiting for my lovely Namaste Yoga girls to execute some positions I can actually follow. It’s an advanced sequence this morning.
    Anyway, you gotta be careful of the new boxes, especially if you use Click-N-Ship. The old “medium” Priority Mail flat rate box is now a non-flat-rate “mailing box” that must be priced by weight. UPS two day ground is cheaper for the same volume. The new “medium” flat rate box is about a third smaller, and they’ve added a “large” flat rate box which costs as much as an Express Mail flat rate envelope.
    We all following this? Don’t go postal on me; I’m not done yet.
    I have discovered that in most cases I can actually cram more shit into a Priority Mail flat rate envelope than a new “medium” flat rate box, but you will need some serious packing tape to hold the sucker together. It can be rupturing along its seams but the USPS has painted itself into a corner by claiming that you can pack as much as you can into the envelope for the same price. That’s a lot of powdered pulmonary anthrax matrix, Omar – especially useful if you hunt with Komodo Dragons because you think crossbows are inherently cruel and you need to recharge your lizards’ salivary symbiosis this week.

6. Richard Dansky - Jan 16, 2010 at 10:45 AM

Actually, I think those guys are going to be driving the truck.

7. John from Concord - Jan 16, 2010 at 3:14 PM

No way. That truck’s the most important truck in Boston. You don’t just walk up off the street and get to drive that truck, boyo, you’ve got to work up to it. Takes years to learn enough to do it right. These guys, no chance.

8. Garmin 305 review - Jan 17, 2010 at 11:54 AM

I was thinking on this issue last evening and I searched the net for some information. Your blog came up in my research and I’m impress what you have wrote on this theme. As I’m currently expanding my search and thus cannot add further, however, I’ve bookmarked it and will be returning to further comment. Like I said, love this comment and will be back before long.

9. SEO - Jan 17, 2010 at 5:34 PM

Great Read. I’ll be back for your next piece

10. Poot Wallace - Jan 17, 2010 at 7:06 PM

spam spam spam spam
    lovely spam
    wonderful spam

11. Gregory Despain - Jan 29, 2010 at 6:32 PM

Oh my god you’ll not belief this. Our silly puppy simply farted on my arm!? I mean what is the matter with this!? I nourish that thing and I get this in return. I still can not belief this. Anyways, you have quite a few important facts there in your posting. I knew Google could take me to a few unique stuff today :). O . k . need to search for that animal now! Have a good day you all!

12. Coretta Tasma - Feb 6, 2010 at 4:41 AM

To commercialize in footings of high-performance rather than monetary value, and in order to specialize accordingly, you need to observe the criterial format of the 4 Ps marketing plan. That is, Price, Product, Place and Promotion evidently you know the weighty properties of the merchandise, and the price, but for place you should consider approximately the type of mass who are willing to give over 4x price of competing product whereas the low-cost option may be sold where emphasis is on cost, your product will be suited to places/distributors where the customers will be willing to pay for high-performance. Thank you for this article! I’ve just retrieved a truly surprising news about true marketing Seek it!

Who's to blame for Cubs tarp fiasco?
  1. M. Cuddyer (3020)