Jan 15, 2010, 4:50 PM EST
The Red Sox have signed six guys to minor league deals: Fernando Cabrera, Edwin Moreno, Jorge Sosa, Angel Sanchez, Gil Velazquez, and Darnell McDonald.
Since 1998, the Red Sox and their fans have celebrated “truck day” in early February which is the day the moving truck that transports the team’s spring training gear from to spring training in Fort Myers, Fla. leaves Fenway Park. No word on whether Cabrera, Moreno, Sosa, Sanchez, Velazquez and McDonald will be on it.
Nah. That’s just silly. The batting helmets and fungoes will be much more valuable to the Sox’ 2010 season than any of those guys will be and space on a moving van is expensive. They’ll probably get sent Priority Mail.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)