Jan 15, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT
The Red Sox have signed six guys to minor league deals: Fernando Cabrera, Edwin Moreno, Jorge Sosa, Angel Sanchez, Gil Velazquez, and Darnell McDonald.
Since 1998, the Red Sox and their fans have celebrated “truck day” in early February which is the day the moving truck that transports the team’s spring training gear from to spring training in Fort Myers, Fla. leaves Fenway Park. No word on whether Cabrera, Moreno, Sosa, Sanchez, Velazquez and McDonald will be on it.
Nah. That’s just silly. The batting helmets and fungoes will be much more valuable to the Sox’ 2010 season than any of those guys will be and space on a moving van is expensive. They’ll probably get sent Priority Mail.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 60
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 50
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)