Jan 15, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT
The Red Sox have signed six guys to minor league deals: Fernando Cabrera, Edwin Moreno, Jorge Sosa, Angel Sanchez, Gil Velazquez, and Darnell McDonald.
Since 1998, the Red Sox and their fans have celebrated “truck day” in early February which is the day the moving truck that transports the team’s spring training gear from to spring training in Fort Myers, Fla. leaves Fenway Park. No word on whether Cabrera, Moreno, Sosa, Sanchez, Velazquez and McDonald will be on it.
Nah. That’s just silly. The batting helmets and fungoes will be much more valuable to the Sox’ 2010 season than any of those guys will be and space on a moving van is expensive. They’ll probably get sent Priority Mail.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 51
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)