Jan 15, 2010, 3:12 PM EDT
As I’ve said over and over again, when you get a Jon Heyman-reported, almost-nothin’-to-it rumor connecting a Scott Boras client to a second team there’s a more than decent chance it’s noise designed to trick the first team into thinking it’s a bidding war. Damon’s talking to the Braves, and then suddenly the Tigers are mentioned? Sure, why not? Except:
Tigers president/GM Dave Dombrowski, thru spokesperson: We have not expressed interest in Johnny Damon.
I have to imagine that just about every team has figured this out by now. Well, maybe not St. Louis. But most others have, haven’t they?
Of course, the Braves themselves are lukewarm, so maybe this is all just folly in order to make a market for Damon. Or make the Yankees jealous or something.
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 3
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)