Jan 15, 2010, 3:12 PM EST
As I’ve said over and over again, when you get a Jon Heyman-reported, almost-nothin’-to-it rumor connecting a Scott Boras client to a second team there’s a more than decent chance it’s noise designed to trick the first team into thinking it’s a bidding war. Damon’s talking to the Braves, and then suddenly the Tigers are mentioned? Sure, why not? Except:
Tigers president/GM Dave Dombrowski, thru spokesperson: We have not expressed interest in Johnny Damon.
I have to imagine that just about every team has figured this out by now. Well, maybe not St. Louis. But most others have, haven’t they?
Of course, the Braves themselves are lukewarm, so maybe this is all just folly in order to make a market for Damon. Or make the Yankees jealous or something.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (96)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)