Jan 16, 2010, 3:02 PM EDT
3:10 PM: Yikes. Donnelly signed for $1.5 million guaranteed, according to Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com. He could make $3 million with incentives.
2:02 PM: Kovacevic confirms that the Pirates have come to terms with Donnelly on a contract, pending a physical.
11:15 AM: The Pirates have officially signed right-hander D.J. Carrasco to a minor league contract, and are close to an agreement with Octavio Dotel, but Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that they are about to add another:
“Hearing that Brendan Donnelly is Pirates mystery reliever. Trying to confirm.“
Last night Kovacevic narrowed down the list
to Donnelly, Jamey Wright, Seth McClung, Kiko Calero, Russ Springer,
Chan Ho Park. Donnelly, 38, posted a 1.78 ERA, 1.22 WHIP and 25/9 K/BB
ratio in 25 1/3 innings with the Marlins last season after signing a
minor league deal in July.
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 3
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 20
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 36
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)