Jan 16, 2010, 3:02 PM EDT
3:10 PM: Yikes. Donnelly signed for $1.5 million guaranteed, according to Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com. He could make $3 million with incentives.
2:02 PM: Kovacevic confirms that the Pirates have come to terms with Donnelly on a contract, pending a physical.
11:15 AM: The Pirates have officially signed right-hander D.J. Carrasco to a minor league contract, and are close to an agreement with Octavio Dotel, but Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that they are about to add another:
“Hearing that Brendan Donnelly is Pirates mystery reliever. Trying to confirm.“
Last night Kovacevic narrowed down the list
to Donnelly, Jamey Wright, Seth McClung, Kiko Calero, Russ Springer,
Chan Ho Park. Donnelly, 38, posted a 1.78 ERA, 1.22 WHIP and 25/9 K/BB
ratio in 25 1/3 innings with the Marlins last season after signing a
minor league deal in July.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 45
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 15
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 43
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut