Jan 16, 2010, 3:02 PM EST
3:10 PM: Yikes. Donnelly signed for $1.5 million guaranteed, according to Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com. He could make $3 million with incentives.
2:02 PM: Kovacevic confirms that the Pirates have come to terms with Donnelly on a contract, pending a physical.
11:15 AM: The Pirates have officially signed right-hander D.J. Carrasco to a minor league contract, and are close to an agreement with Octavio Dotel, but Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that they are about to add another:
“Hearing that Brendan Donnelly is Pirates mystery reliever. Trying to confirm.“
Last night Kovacevic narrowed down the list
to Donnelly, Jamey Wright, Seth McClung, Kiko Calero, Russ Springer,
Chan Ho Park. Donnelly, 38, posted a 1.78 ERA, 1.22 WHIP and 25/9 K/BB
ratio in 25 1/3 innings with the Marlins last season after signing a
minor league deal in July.
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 0
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (124)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)