Jan 16, 2010, 3:02 PM EDT
3:10 PM: Yikes. Donnelly signed for $1.5 million guaranteed, according to Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com. He could make $3 million with incentives.
2:02 PM: Kovacevic confirms that the Pirates have come to terms with Donnelly on a contract, pending a physical.
11:15 AM: The Pirates have officially signed right-hander D.J. Carrasco to a minor league contract, and are close to an agreement with Octavio Dotel, but Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that they are about to add another:
“Hearing that Brendan Donnelly is Pirates mystery reliever. Trying to confirm.“
Last night Kovacevic narrowed down the list
to Donnelly, Jamey Wright, Seth McClung, Kiko Calero, Russ Springer,
Chan Ho Park. Donnelly, 38, posted a 1.78 ERA, 1.22 WHIP and 25/9 K/BB
ratio in 25 1/3 innings with the Marlins last season after signing a
minor league deal in July.
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 0
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 13
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 23
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 43
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)