Jan 16, 2010, 3:02 PM EDT
3:10 PM: Yikes. Donnelly signed for $1.5 million guaranteed, according to Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com. He could make $3 million with incentives.
2:02 PM: Kovacevic confirms that the Pirates have come to terms with Donnelly on a contract, pending a physical.
11:15 AM: The Pirates have officially signed right-hander D.J. Carrasco to a minor league contract, and are close to an agreement with Octavio Dotel, but Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that they are about to add another:
“Hearing that Brendan Donnelly is Pirates mystery reliever. Trying to confirm.“
Last night Kovacevic narrowed down the list
to Donnelly, Jamey Wright, Seth McClung, Kiko Calero, Russ Springer,
Chan Ho Park. Donnelly, 38, posted a 1.78 ERA, 1.22 WHIP and 25/9 K/BB
ratio in 25 1/3 innings with the Marlins last season after signing a
minor league deal in July.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 8
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 13
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)