Jan 17, 2010, 3:49 PM EST
3:49 PM: McGwire just got done answering questions from the media at the team’s Winter Warm-Up event in St. Louis. Dave van Dyck of the Chicago Tribune reports that the event “was cut short after six minutes of a testy give-and-take.”
2:32 PM: Matthew Leach of MLB.com reports that “Welcome to the Jungle” by Guns N’ Roses played as Mark McGwire took the stage to a standing ovation at the Cardinals’ “Winter Warm-Up” event on Sunday. See a picture of the scene here.
I think “The Needle And The Damage Done” by Neil Young would have been a more appropriate choice, but that’s just me.
- Where does Nelson Cruz go from here? 9
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers 70
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 22
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 42
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 39
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)
- The Yankees agree to a one-year, $2 million deal with Brian Roberts (74)