Jan 18, 2010, 3:17 PM EDT
The Brewers avoided arbitration with Jody Gerut, who has agreed to a one year deal. No dollars yet, but he made $1.775 million last year.
Gerut hit 296/.351/.494 in 328
at-bats for the Padres in 2008, but he struggled for both San Diego and
Milwaukee last year, finishing at .230/.279/.376. He finished strong while Corey Hart was recovering from
an appendectomy, but he didn’t play much before then.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 60
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 73
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 56
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11