Jan 18, 2010, 3:17 PM EDT
The Brewers avoided arbitration with Jody Gerut, who has agreed to a one year deal. No dollars yet, but he made $1.775 million last year.
Gerut hit 296/.351/.494 in 328
at-bats for the Padres in 2008, but he struggled for both San Diego and
Milwaukee last year, finishing at .230/.279/.376. He finished strong while Corey Hart was recovering from
an appendectomy, but he didn’t play much before then.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 8
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36