Jan 18, 2010, 3:17 PM EDT
The Brewers avoided arbitration with Jody Gerut, who has agreed to a one year deal. No dollars yet, but he made $1.775 million last year.
Gerut hit 296/.351/.494 in 328
at-bats for the Padres in 2008, but he struggled for both San Diego and
Milwaukee last year, finishing at .230/.279/.376. He finished strong while Corey Hart was recovering from
an appendectomy, but he didn’t play much before then.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (114)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)