Jan 18, 2010, 3:17 PM EST
The Brewers avoided arbitration with Jody Gerut, who has agreed to a one year deal. No dollars yet, but he made $1.775 million last year.
Gerut hit 296/.351/.494 in 328
at-bats for the Padres in 2008, but he struggled for both San Diego and
Milwaukee last year, finishing at .230/.279/.376. He finished strong while Corey Hart was recovering from
an appendectomy, but he didn’t play much before then.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 48
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 38
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 53
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 47
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)