Jan 18, 2010, 3:17 PM EST
The Brewers avoided arbitration with Jody Gerut, who has agreed to a one year deal. No dollars yet, but he made $1.775 million last year.
Gerut hit 296/.351/.494 in 328
at-bats for the Padres in 2008, but he struggled for both San Diego and
Milwaukee last year, finishing at .230/.279/.376. He finished strong while Corey Hart was recovering from
an appendectomy, but he didn’t play much before then.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)