Jan 18, 2010, 11:48 AM EST
Some guys have all the luck.
Last week Matt Kemp signed a deal with the Dodgers that buys out his first two seasons of arbitration eligibility for $11 million and then over the weekend he watched LeBron James from his courtside seat at a Los Angeles Clippers game. Oh yeah, and seated next to him at the game was new girlfriend Rihanna.
In fairness Kemp probably got stuck in lots of traffic on the way home from Staples Center, so at the end of the day it all evens out.
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 3
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 53
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 57
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 46
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)