Jan 18, 2010, 11:48 AM EDT
Some guys have all the luck.
Last week Matt Kemp signed a deal with the Dodgers that buys out his first two seasons of arbitration eligibility for $11 million and then over the weekend he watched LeBron James from his courtside seat at a Los Angeles Clippers game. Oh yeah, and seated next to him at the game was new girlfriend Rihanna.
In fairness Kemp probably got stuck in lots of traffic on the way home from Staples Center, so at the end of the day it all evens out.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (99)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)