Jan 18, 2010, 11:15 AM EST
I know it’s just a spring training cap and that they make the players wear them simply so that goobers like me will buy them, but if I assumed power of this country via a bloodless coup I’d outlaw this kind of thing.
Not that it’s the worst offender I’ve ever seen. It’s quite conservative, really. I just don’t like the classics being messed with. And it’s not like I’d be that hard on anyone in my protectorate found wearing it. A fine is all I’d levy. Maybe some minor ear-boxing.
I’d save the death penalty for serious offenses like this.
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 5
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 4
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 27
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)