Jan 18, 2010, 4:55 PM EDT
Uggla had been rumored to be going all manner of places — Atlanta, San Francisco and Baltimore just off the top of my head — and at least a couple of those teams had talked about making him change positions. Now he’s staying in Florida and staying at second base. I’m pretty sure that contract makes him the third highest paid second baseman in the game after Utley and Roberts.
*if you don’t like being ripped off, Old Gator, you should stop saying interesting things.
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 0
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 104
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 35
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 31
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)