Jan 18, 2010, 4:55 PM EDT
Uggla had been rumored to be going all manner of places — Atlanta, San Francisco and Baltimore just off the top of my head — and at least a couple of those teams had talked about making him change positions. Now he’s staying in Florida and staying at second base. I’m pretty sure that contract makes him the third highest paid second baseman in the game after Utley and Roberts.
*if you don’t like being ripped off, Old Gator, you should stop saying interesting things.
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 9
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 26
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (91)