Jan 18, 2010, 4:55 PM EST
Uggla had been rumored to be going all manner of places — Atlanta, San Francisco and Baltimore just off the top of my head — and at least a couple of those teams had talked about making him change positions. Now he’s staying in Florida and staying at second base. I’m pretty sure that contract makes him the third highest paid second baseman in the game after Utley and Roberts.
*if you don’t like being ripped off, Old Gator, you should stop saying interesting things.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 11
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)