Jan 18, 2010, 3:50 PM EDT
In the future, everyone will hold the naming rights to the Marlins’ ballpark for fifteen minutes …
The Marlins’ home for the next two years will be known by yet another name for the 2010 season. The football/baseball facility in South Florida, which is currently
called Dolphin Stadium again, will be renamed Sun Life Stadium, after
the company Sun Life Financial . . . It started with Joe Robbie Stadium, then went to Pro Player Park, Pro
Player Stadium, Dolphins Stadium, Dolphin Stadium and then Land Shark
Stadium for most of the ’09 season. It then reverted to Dolphin Stadium
following the FedEx Orange Bowl on Jan. 5, and now it will be known as
Sun Life Stadium.
Given how often it changes It can’t cost much money to name the place. We should just pool our money and get it donw. Yahoo!’s Dave Brown’s idea – “Say Hello to my Little Ballpark” — is in the lead so far. Anyone have anything better?
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (81)