Jan 18, 2010, 5:25 PM EDT
White Sox chairman Jerry Reinsdorf on Ozzie Guillen: “There’s an old saying they say about people that, ‘When they made him, they threw away the mold.’ In Ozzie’s case, there was no mold.” But there were three boys, all of whom are apparently like Ozzie. The family is profiled in an MLB.com piece today.
The framing device of the story: give the Guillen Family their own reality show. They come off nice and normal here, but based on what I’ve seen of Ozzie Guillen in moments of off-the-record candor, such a beast would be a runaway ratings sensation. As far as quality it would easily be the second best reality show of all time. (first place will never be matched).
If MLB Network is going to give a whole season to the Phillies freakin’ bullpen, anyone who opposes devoting a couple of steadycams to the Guillen family should be fired immediately.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 20
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 67
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 147
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)