Jan 18, 2010, 5:25 PM EDT
White Sox chairman Jerry Reinsdorf on Ozzie Guillen: “There’s an old saying they say about people that, ‘When they made him, they threw away the mold.’ In Ozzie’s case, there was no mold.” But there were three boys, all of whom are apparently like Ozzie. The family is profiled in an MLB.com piece today.
The framing device of the story: give the Guillen Family their own reality show. They come off nice and normal here, but based on what I’ve seen of Ozzie Guillen in moments of off-the-record candor, such a beast would be a runaway ratings sensation. As far as quality it would easily be the second best reality show of all time. (first place will never be matched).
If MLB Network is going to give a whole season to the Phillies freakin’ bullpen, anyone who opposes devoting a couple of steadycams to the Guillen family should be fired immediately.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)