Jan 18, 2010, 5:25 PM EST
White Sox chairman Jerry Reinsdorf on Ozzie Guillen: “There’s an old saying they say about people that, ‘When they made him, they threw away the mold.’ In Ozzie’s case, there was no mold.” But there were three boys, all of whom are apparently like Ozzie. The family is profiled in an MLB.com piece today.
The framing device of the story: give the Guillen Family their own reality show. They come off nice and normal here, but based on what I’ve seen of Ozzie Guillen in moments of off-the-record candor, such a beast would be a runaway ratings sensation. As far as quality it would easily be the second best reality show of all time. (first place will never be matched).
If MLB Network is going to give a whole season to the Phillies freakin’ bullpen, anyone who opposes devoting a couple of steadycams to the Guillen family should be fired immediately.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 30
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 28
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 163
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (163)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)