Jan 18, 2010, 5:25 PM EDT
White Sox chairman Jerry Reinsdorf on Ozzie Guillen: “There’s an old saying they say about people that, ‘When they made him, they threw away the mold.’ In Ozzie’s case, there was no mold.” But there were three boys, all of whom are apparently like Ozzie. The family is profiled in an MLB.com piece today.
The framing device of the story: give the Guillen Family their own reality show. They come off nice and normal here, but based on what I’ve seen of Ozzie Guillen in moments of off-the-record candor, such a beast would be a runaway ratings sensation. As far as quality it would easily be the second best reality show of all time. (first place will never be matched).
If MLB Network is going to give a whole season to the Phillies freakin’ bullpen, anyone who opposes devoting a couple of steadycams to the Guillen family should be fired immediately.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 51
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)