Jan 18, 2010, 5:25 PM EST
White Sox chairman Jerry Reinsdorf on Ozzie Guillen: “There’s an old saying they say about people that, ‘When they made him, they threw away the mold.’ In Ozzie’s case, there was no mold.” But there were three boys, all of whom are apparently like Ozzie. The family is profiled in an MLB.com piece today.
The framing device of the story: give the Guillen Family their own reality show. They come off nice and normal here, but based on what I’ve seen of Ozzie Guillen in moments of off-the-record candor, such a beast would be a runaway ratings sensation. As far as quality it would easily be the second best reality show of all time. (first place will never be matched).
If MLB Network is going to give a whole season to the Phillies freakin’ bullpen, anyone who opposes devoting a couple of steadycams to the Guillen family should be fired immediately.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)