The Ozzie Guillen reality show

Jan 18, 2010, 5:25 PM EDT

White Sox chairman Jerry Reinsdorf on Ozzie Guillen: “There’s an old saying they say about people that, ‘When they made him, they threw away the mold.’  In Ozzie’s case, there was no mold.”  But there were three boys, all of whom are apparently like Ozzie. The family is profiled in an MLB.com piece today.

The framing device of the story: give the Guillen Family their own reality show. They come off nice and normal here, but based on what I’ve seen of Ozzie Guillen in moments of off-the-record candor, such a beast would be a runaway ratings sensation. As far as quality it would easily be the second best reality show of all time. (first place will never be matched).

If MLB Network is going to give a whole season to the Phillies freakin’ bullpen, anyone who opposes devoting a couple of steadycams to the Guillen family should be fired immediately.

1. Mark - Jan 18, 2010 at 5:42 PM

I gotta go see a guy about a thing

2. Old Gator - Jan 18, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Craig, I couldn’t bring myself to click that link to what you think was the top reality show of all time. Please reassure me that it’s not My New BFF or I’m not going near it.

3. Craig Calcaterra - Jan 18, 2010 at 6:19 PM

It’s not my New BFF. Apart from language, it’s clean and shouldn’t contain anything that would get one fired or anything.

4. Moses Green - Jan 19, 2010 at 9:10 AM

I don’t know how anyone could be against this idea. Problems: it would have to run on HBO or some-such, and have subtitles and rooms full of translators with specialized ears for idiomatic Spanish vulgarities. Maybe a team of re-creation actors and a Twister floor mat. He can go (right hand left hand green, head goes between legs and up own ass.)
    In all honesty, I would PPV this show.

5. Evil EmpirE 2010 - Jan 19, 2010 at 11:37 AM

I DON’T GIVE AH CHIT,,,,,,,

6. gumbercules - Jan 19, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Funny thing about the link about the Phillies bullpen. The only guy they get quotes from is Clay Condrey who, um, will be pitching for the Twins this season. D’oh!

Patience finally paying off for Royals fans
  1. R. Castillo (3105)